- Face-to-face tools
- Planning tools
- Scaffolding tools
- Professional mentoring tools [this one under construction].
Also check our “How do I…?” page for quick reads on modeling, use of evidence, making thinking visible, direct instruction, group work, anchoring events, more…
- Earth & Space Science
- Eliciting students’ ideas
- High School
- Life Sciences
- Middle School
- Physical Sciences
- Planning for engagement with important science ideas
- Pressing for evidence-based explanations
- Professional Mentoring
- Scaffolding for writing & talking science
- Supporting on- going changes in thinking
- Teacher preparation or PD
Studio Days are a form of job-embedded professional development that take place during a school day. School teams develop a vision of “what is possible” in instruction and to take principled risks with practices. Multiple role-actors (classroom teachers, coaches, administrators and researchers) collaborate to provide real-time feedback within current...
The "Structured talk for how and why reasoning" change package provides an overview of the practice and how it supports student reasoning, tools teachers have used, and practical measures teacher have collected to deepen and localize the practice.